Trouble with obtaining a W2 from previous employer!!?

I worked for Levy Restaurants in Chicago and I have been trying to get onto their website to contact someone at their corporate office but their server is down. I know that by law they should have sent the W2 over a month ago but I have not recieved one yet and I am freaking out!! Does anyone know what I can do to get a hold of this VERY VERY important document??


if i had the phone number...i would call them directly but their server is down!!

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    980 N Michigan Ave # 400, Chicago, 60611 - (312) 664-8200

    You can also contact the IRS with the pertenant info & they will take care of it. Though, I'd just contact the restaurants first.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 14th, contact the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. When you call, have the following information:

    Employer's name, address, city, and state, including zip code.

    Your name, address, city and state, including zip code, and Social Security number

    If you misplaced your W-2, contact your employer. Your employer can replace the lost form with a “reissued statement.” Be aware that your employer is allowed to charge you a fee for providing you with a new W-2.

    You still must file your tax return on time even if you do not receive your Form W-2. If you do not receive the missing information in time to file, you may file you may use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Attach Form 4852 to the return, estimating income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible. There may be a delay in any refund due while the information is verified.

    If you receive a Form W-2 or W-2C (corrected form) after you have filed your return using Form 4852, and the information differs from what you reported on your return, you must amend your return by filing a Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

    Source(s): Internal Revenue Service 1-800-829-1040
  • 1 decade ago

    Do they have any Locations near where you are? If they do, walk in and see if the manager can help. As the second answer said, you can call the IRS at 1-800-TAX-1040. They will be able to assist you. You may have to use a Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement.

  • rialmo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Levy Restaurants Headquarters

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Call them on the phone and ask them directly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.