Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to make home made french fries???

Thanks for your answer.

Favorite Answer

Oh french fries my favorite.

I fry my FFs twice: once at 180C (350F) until tender; after cooling down refry at 200C (400F) until golden, tossing frequently.

Toss on a few layers of kitchen towels before serving to get off any excess fat. Sprinkle with fine salt.

The secret is to fry them twice nice and crispy Yummm

Easy Homemade French Fries:

15 min 5 min prep

4 servings

4 baking potatoes

vegetable oil

salt

1. Peel the potatoes and slice them 1/4 inch thick into either flat rounds or traditional french fry shape.

2. Heat vegetble oil in large frying pan until it is good and hot. Add potatoes, cooking until they become golden, then flipping them. Cook until they are the color you desire.

3. Remove and place on a paper towel covered plate or lined bowl. Salt to taste, or use your favorite seasoning.

I make mine like steak fries - heat up the deep fat fryer to 365 or so, then cut the potato into 6-8 planks (I leave the skins on). Deep fry for about 20 minutes or until the fries are goldern and floating. Drain well and sprinkle with salt

I haven't made fries before but just stated making chips. I know that is not your question but they are awesome. Slice the potato as thin as possible, place a small amount of oil in a skillet. Not enough to cover the chips. Cook over medium heat until done but not hard. Use ranch dressing as a dip. Killer!!!

First, cut your potatoes into fries and then soak them in ice cold water, preferably for 24 hrs, in the fridge. If you didn't do that, then 1 hr soaking time will be ok. Dry them off good. Heat your oil to 350 and cook for about 3 min (flash fry). Let cool, then, reheat oil to 400 and cook until golden brown. Sprinkle with London Pub Malt Vinegar. yum, yum. Hope this helps you out!

Personaly the best way is cut up some potatoes and deep fri them i know its bad for you but it taste really good!!

Slice your potatoes and wash them in a colander,then leave them to drip dry.Get your canola oil hot,then slowly add potatoes to the oil.Fry until golden fried.Enjoy with a mayonnaise dip of mayo and catsup.....GOOD.

try www.foodnetwork.com