Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

is it legal to record conversations in a buissness dealing?

I am in a dispute between the reality company and myself , the reality company changes their story constenly , i have to move out it is unbearable. I have recorded conversations between the reality company and myself as proof of what she has said to include her telling me to MOVE OUT , and that she will release us of any obligation to the lease, but she changes her story. help

Favorite Answer

the law regarding secretly recording conversations varies from state to state. more info is available at http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html

I was informed by a lawyer that it was not legal to use a recording as evidence ever since they passed privacy laws after that Linda Tripp/Monica Lewinsky escapade. You have to have permission now to record someone. If she gave you permission or voluntarily left information on an answering machine, then you could probably use it. I was being illegally hounded by a company who claimed I owed them money, (I didn't) and I hired a lawyer to get them off my back. (He did) I asked him the same question, and his response was what I first wrote.

guidelines variety by state. we are speaking about stay verbal substitute, and not at all telephone calls, proper? telephone call recording is extra constrained. as an celebration, Texas is a one-party state. see you later as one party to the verbal substitute is commonplace with it really is being recorded, it really is excellent. So, i became in a position to secretly record my manager, yet i'd not were authorised to computer virus the room the position he became assembly with different supervisors, until eventually one among them had consented to that verbal substitute being recorded. And sure, it will be utilized as info. a reliable criminal specialist will locate a thanks to get it excluded. that guy turned right into a jerk. make positive he remains an EX boyfriend. do not take him decrease back!

a conversation is legal when both partys are informed. ie:this conversation maybe recorded for teaching and study. that covers you.

Yes- so long as all parties know and acknowledge they're being recorded.

Only if you tell the other side they are being recorded. Ever hear the term,,,WIRE TAP???? thats not legal.

• as long as its not going to be used maliciously then you should be okay. (dont use it to descercrate her character to colleges and bosses...)