question about putting two computers on the same network but on different routers?

i have 2 routers. 1 router which is wired (dlink), and the other which is wireless(linksys) which is plugged into the wired one. I have my PC plugged into the wired, and my laptop getting a wireless signal from the wireless one. is there a way to have both be considered on the same network or work group even though they are on different routers? i cant figure it out. i basically wanna do this so i can file share in between them.

Favorite Answer

It would be far easier to just replace the wired router with the wireless wouldnt it?

Why not just simply use the wireless router? Would be a lot less confusing to you....they would also be on the same network....then if you need more ports run a HUB instead of another router....This way anything plugged into the HUB will get the IP address dynamically assigned from the router....

Go into the linksys router config (http://192.168.0.1)/ and turn off DHCP on the wireless router. That way, you're letting the wired router assign ip addresses. They will all be in the same range and subnet. I know this is a little geeky, but it works. I've got the same type of setup. Good luck.

I dont think you can pull it on those routers.. if they had layer 2 management then it wouldnt be a big deal. The point of a router is to separate broadcast domains. Maybe if you can change the netmask to 255.255.0.0 on both the routers and add a static route back and forth in each...NM thats getting crazy, its waaaaaaay simpler to just set the non wireless one into bridge mode. call the OEM of that one.

Set the non wireless one to bridge mode as long as its not establishing your network connection.

• madson

confident, which you will set up 2 working strategies in one computing device techniques: whilst installation the 1st OS, you would be asked in case you desire to delete the coolest purchase, shield it an identical, partition ect. choose upon partition. Hack up your hard tension as you notice journey. If I foremost had a 250 (shudder) i might spoil it up as 50gb C, 51gb D, the something E (even though like 147gb). (Make all sizes different with the purpose to comfortably become attentive to the partitions even however they are labled incorrect.) set up the 1st OS on C, set it up effectively. Restart and instal the 2d OS on the unused partition it fairly is 51gb. Restart. if youin case you robotically boot into one without an selection besides into the universal, then bypass to start>run>msconfig