Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Can i do anything about the cement on my braces? read details please?

I got braces (still have them) and around the bracket there is some cement. It turns yellow after I eat or drink, but my actual tooth is white. Can i get that off? Oh also is there an alternative to flossing? Its time consuming and so hard it takes me like 5 minutes to do half of my mouth. Would the sonicare elite tooth brush be of assistance?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I had the same problem and eventually it all came off. Sonicare is a good toothbrush, but it targets your gums moreso than your actual tooth.

Give it some time. Try brushing with baking soda, but do not use a hard toothbrush or it will make your gums recede.

• 1 decade ago

next time you go to the orthodontist tell him and they can scrape off the cement...as for the flossing, it's best but if you don't want to I used to stick the brissles of the toothbrush under the wire inbetween the tooth and brace and move back and forth. It cleans the area pretty well. Try to floss at least 2-3 times a week. Sonicare is great. Brush well or you'll have yellow spots on your teeth when your braces come off.

• okay so you still have your braces off and have the excess cement that looks ugly. anyways heres what you can do, next time you visit your orthodontist ask them if they can polished/remove that excess cement thats in there that makes your teeth look a lil weird.im prettty much sure they can remove it easily. flossing with braces could be really tough and it takes alot of time and effort to do this... i know its hard but it needs to be done... i would personally recommend you to try the super floss . this is very helpful to use when flossing with braces... it looks like a silky type of floss that has a stiff tip at the end. i recommend this to my patients if they do have braces of bridge. you can buy that superfloss at a major drugstores and supermarkets. using a sonicare is also a good thing if you have braces. one piece of advise if you have sonicare and you have braces, dont put too much pressure on your teeth when brushing coz you might have a tendency of removing your bracket which is not a good thing. i hope this piece of advise help you

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp27994_333181_sespider/...

type that link into your webpage so you can see how it looks like when you go to a drugstore or supermarket. it is made by oral b.

till here good luck and take care

• 1 decade ago

As far as the flossing, maybe you should consider purchasing a waterpik. Here are some links below.

http://www.waterpik.com/dentalcare/

http://www.conair.com/interplak-oral-care-oral-irr...

You should call your orthodontists to ask about the cement problem. Hope this helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

"i've got heard some human beings communicate approximately rape in public lavatories, yet what's to stop a woman from entering the male lavatories and raping a guy, or a guy from entering the female lavatories to rape a woman? It in basic terms would not extremely appear as if a logical ingredient. " using the female raping a guy argument is what does no longer look logical. once you're making factors, they must be enormous, no longer financial enterprise on improbabilities given how the international extremely does artwork. "And if going by the completed "adult men are stronger than women persons and in basic terms adult men can rape women persons" logic (it extremely is stupid), does no longer that in basic terms propose that a woman may well be much less in all danger to get raped in a unisex lavatory room because of fact if a guy tried to rape a woman in there there may well be different adult men in there to stop him? " Do you think of ladies persons get raped in front of alternative women persons? They get raped in empty bogs in many circumstances. in case you had co-ed bogs, then the accessibility of the bathing room and danger may well be that lots greater handy. "i've got additionally heard of human beings communicate approximately cleanliness, yet i'm fantastically particular there's no longer something that announces one gender is "cleanser" than the different so as that still sounds like a stupid part of say." As a guy, we the two comprehend that any time say adequate urinals are out of order or they're all taken up, that persons certainly use the lavatories to urinate...it extremely is in many circumstances no longer carried out so with quite a few care. it is not truthful for women folk persons to could handle that, and that's a large number. No way you think of adult men are in basic terms as sparkling as women persons in this way. ordinary, it extremely is approximately the two convenience and protection (see above). What makes issues much greater glaring is once you component in childrens. The issues they might do (attempting to look out of the corner of their eyes into stalls, etc.) you may think of and comprehend extremely nicely. additionally, youthful human beings are greater timid in front of the choice gender, i ask your self how worrying it would be for a newborn to objective and use a urinal with females doing their makeup interior the mirror in the back of them. the only earnings that i can be certain is that possibly adult men might wash their palms in particular. it remains alarming to be certain how many human beings do no longer wash their palms, after which bypass off to shake different persons's...

• 1 decade ago

i have them twice. you can use cogate total whitening toothpast this helps but i dont know what it does to the enamal on your teeteh. also for flossing you can use floss thereaders or cogate floss-in-one for braces

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.