what reasons do people have for being intolerant to homosexuals?

even tho its observed in other animals like rams/sheep, apes, chimps etc? scientists are saying thats its a combo of psychological, hormonal, genetic, that makes people gay, so why do people hate them or w/e?

some of you have answered that you dont like being checked out by them?, dont you check other people harmlessly, i mean, i never see gay people overly flirtatious like the stereotype, so what up with that you guys?

Favorite Answer

I, for one, don't hate people that are or have homosexual tenencies. I figure hey.. that's them.

People that really have a problem with their behavior are the ones that have the issues themselves. And, from what I've seen, mostly it's guys that react strongly to it.

Most of the time there's some kind of deep rooted sexual insecurity that makes them hostile/angry toward people displaying homosexual traits. Most people will agree it's because they're not sure if that's a turn-on but they feel it's wrong to be that way.

So they react the only way they know how.. and that's generally to lash out (either emotionally, physically, etc) against that person or group of people in order to prove to themselves they are straight.

It's hilarious to watch them struggle with it!

Unless, of course, you happen to be the one whining about it on here.. Hahha.. watch there won't be too many responses below this one.. at least not from guys slamming gays.

• Ella

I think the homo-phobes are scared they are going to get hit on if speaking to a gay person.

Chances are we run into gay people all of the time, but they don't make their sexuality an issue.

I have good friends that gay and I see them as my friends, not as gay people.

I think a lot of men are just homophobes. Women are usually a lot more tolerant, and every one seems to be fond of girl-on-girl action which is just "gay" behaviour, but somehow it's gotten mainstream. In a 100 years it won't even matter.

They were fine with me...until...my daughter married a drag queen. They got divorced and he said "You divorce me and I'll fix it so you never see your kid again." They did and he did. He lied in court and said my daughter molested the kid (the kid said it never happened.)

SOME, not all, gays can be very petty, vicious and vindictive. Not to mention stretched out my dress!

This is so not the category to be asking such a serious question.

Try Society & Culture.

• jc

Wouldn't you like to be called a "tutti-fruitti" for the rest of your life???

If your sexual orientation has gone awry, then dont display it in public...God will take care of you, come recollection day !!!! LOL

Because I don't like gay men hitting on me. Those asspirates won't be pillaging me and capturing my booty.

I am intolerant of any sort of PDA.... hetero or homo.... the sound of saliva being swapped is a pet peave of mine.

because us straight guys don't want to be anywhere where other guys look at us with intensions or thoughts of fudgepacking us

Maybe they are just insecure about their own sexuality.