does an owner or manager of Arizona business have the right to yell and scream at any whim to their employees,

threatening to fire them to keep them in line. where are the lines drawn here where you can do a job secure that you will not grow increasingly terrified of not making an income?

Favorite Answer

Yes.

The owner is allowed to do whatever they like to an employee.

• K.B.

I don't have an answer, but am interested in the responses you get, as the president at my job does the same ^&*%@$ thing to me and others here!

I am looking to leave. Since some prospective employers are not necessarily going to accept that as a reason for me to leave, I tell them something else. The president is talking to a law firm about selling this business, so I can use that as a reason also. Once I find something and start there, I can give them more details.

I am very curious about quitting and getting unemployment. Maybe the Labor Board would know.

An owner or manager of any business never has the right to verbally abuse or threaten an employee. There are other places of employment in Arizona, I suggest you find one of them & quit your job once you have found one. As for job security, there is no such thing.

No way. That is employer/employee harrasment. If he is threatining you-you should talk to the owner. If the owner is too, forgettaboutit. That job is ****. If the pay is more than great you should stay but otherwise its a lost cause. If I were you I would leave b4 it gets physical>

• pnk517

Job security is a figment of your imagination. There is no such thing.

As for the management yelling, why put up with it? If you don't want to be in that environment, then get out.

No you dont have to put up with being yelled at all the time. But if you quit I dont know if they will accept that for unemployment or not.

They don't have that right. How disrespectful? I would leave that job ASAP and find something else to do--

even if it's flipping burgers.

when her name is christine and she is a goddess - YES

walkies