Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What devastating event is more likely to happen first within the world?

Asteroid strike?, (a nearby) Gamma Ray Burst?, (the full effects of) Global Warming?, (man-made) Black Hole (by a particle accelerator)?, Mass Famine (worldwide)?, Mass Infertility (worldwide)?, Mass Overcrowing (worldwide)?, Mass Sotck Markets' Crash (worldwide)?, Nuclear War? Nuclear Winter?, Supervolcanic Eruption?, (a very lethal, infectious, and fast-moving) Virus?, etc.?

Favorite Answer

a major war.

Nuclear War followed by nuclear winter followed by mass famine and mass infertility. I don't think that global warming or mass overcrowding will affect us anymore severely than it already has in our life time; our kids may have something to worry about. Asteroid strike, gamma ray burst, super volcanic eruption, lethal virus, or mass stock market crash are a little harder to predict but, I don't think they will occur anytime soon.

• Dovey

Nuclear War Always Hits Me First!! Every Time We Rattle the Lion's Cage We Come Closer To A REAL War!! Peace Friend.

GLOBAL WARMING!!! It's already began, that's why the weather is so weird. Global Warming and the ozone depletion are going to end the world. The ozone will soon be gone allowing the INTENSE UV (ultra violet) Rays through to the world. Pratically baking us we will all get skin cancer and die a long, painful death. It's sad but so true. I'm in environmental science we just had an assesment on this kind of stuff. (& I got a 95% =))

Out of all of those i would definately say a nuclear war. The leader of iran wants to start the apocalypse and kill all the Jewish people in Israel. In Iran many are taght at a young age to hate America, Israel, the UK, and the Pope and after they go to church they say death to Israel and the rest. At the age of four some kids anounce publicly that they want those people to die and they call them apes and other racist things. The iranian president wants to takeover the world and put a shameful mark on everyone who denies their god. If we let Iran get Nukes then they will bomb Israel and then start a nuclear war.

In order:

Virus

Supervolcanic eruption

Asteroid strike in 2010 or later

Gamma ray bust

Mass infertility worldwide

Mass overcrowding worldwide

Mass famine worldwide

Global warming full effects

I'd say a Nuclear war. Wait, Mass infertility? i don't know if that would ever happen, but if it did it would be more catastrophic than any of the other things up there. Eventually we'd go extinct.

Nothing above. Tell you what though:

1.) Very fast.

2.) Very hot.

3.) Destructive beyond imagining.

4.) Not within human engineering capability.

5.) Absolute destruction.

• Baw

WOW another serious one again. This has been happening all day. Lets see, let me read it again. hmhmhm. It says what devastating event is more likely to happen first within the world. Like we have never had one yet. I say Mass Infertitlty. I also gave you a star (smile!)

Mass famine. We're so on the brink that any number of small events could shift it that way in a heartbeat.

Supervolcanic Eruption is the least likely.

Asteroid strike is likely.