What form do I have to use for paying taxes in 2006.?

I am married,but file seperately. I have only one income source which is from w2 $7791 and I collected unemployment for nearly 3 month that amount was $2574. Both deducted federal income tax which was amounted to$702.If so What is my tax liablility for 2006.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    my estimitate is that you will probably not have any liability...and if you had any withholding you should get the refund? Do a 1040-EZ.

    Source(s): Im a taxpreparer
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    You can't use a 1040EZ for married filing separately status. You can use either a 1040 or a 1040A.

    If your spouse itemizes, you must also, so your refund would depend on what deductions you have. If you both take the standard deduction, then your federal tax liability would be 191 and you'd get a refund of $511.

  • 1 decade ago

    Use a form 1040, but I think your refund is going to be low... since MFS don't get EIC or child tax credit. So you should be filing jointly if you still live together. You'll get a bigger refund that way, along with EIC and child tax credit.

    Source(s): Professional Tax Preparer, and IRS booklet on 1040
  • 1 decade ago

    Shame, shame. You are trying to beat the system. You have to go through the dirty job like the rest of us poor slobs. The form you need is Form 1040, or 1040A, or 1040 Eazee

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.