Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Joey Porter!!?

The steelers just released joey porter how dumb!!! does anyu agree!!!??

Favorite Answer

u joking me thats a stupid choice

People here in Pittsburgh have been talking about it for a long time. He's due to make a ton of money next year and his productivity has fallen greatly the past two years. Certainly is NOT the most feared man in the NFL. He talks a lot but hasn't been backing it up.

Steelers traditionally have made decisions like this. They manage the salary cap very well. Plus, they pretty much think they can manufacture linebackers, at will, and the feeling is that with Mike Tomlin as coach, they will be moving away from the 3-4 and into a 4-3, so they won't need as many LBs.

That said, they'd probably resign him for less if nobody else takes him.

We'll certainly miss his mouth. The Steelers can be pretty bland, personality-wise.

Ouch! I love the Steelers (went to Duquesne), but Porter had an off year and was due a $1 million roster bonus and $5 milliion for the upcoming season. Blame the salary cap.

I liked Joey's attitude! It always got our defense pumped up. But with the salary cap and what he was looking at getting... Come on, it's THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS... insert linebacker and it you create a monster. The team will be fine. I just hope that it's not Tomlin's attempt at picking the defense apart to create his 4-3 scheme for the future.

Just my 2 pennies.

The solutions I supply for this are going to be depending upon which call I want for a lady, no longer inevitably which call I want customarily. That stated... Hunter or Harley -- HARLEY Billie or Blake -- BILLIE Andy or Avery -- AVERY Tyler or Taylor -- TAYLOR Riley or Reese -- REESE Darcy or Dawson -- DARCY Evan or Elliot -- ELLIOT Shane or Stevie -- STEVIE Ryan or Reid -- RYAN Porter or Parker -- PARKER Jamie or Jordan -- JAMIE Carter or Charlie -- CARTER Kendall or Kennedy -- KENDALL Devon or Drew -- DEVON Bryce or Brennan -- BRENNAN Sawyer or Skylar -- SKYLAR Ashton or Adrian -- ASHTON Payton or Vaughn -- PAYTON Hayden or Logan -- LOGAN Cameron or Joey -- CAMERON Emerson or Kyle -- EMERSON -- Rosie ?

no it doesnt suck for the steelers. i guess none of you remember when the steelers cut Jason Gildon. Yeah does everyone remember him, hes that line backer that had the most sacks for a line backer in their history. besides JP is over paid, injury prone, and the years are just beginning to pile on.

Sucks for a Steelers fan.

well if we are going on bad performances for last year, ben should be cut to, makes about as much sense as cutting porter, the rooney's and mr. culbert have lost there minds. maybe we should also cut hines. for all the rest of the afc north fans in here, pitt will be just fine, they will finish ahead of cleveland.

• Zoe

That is is a mistake that they will regret. But Porter will be playing again he's to good to not have on the field

Probably linked to the steroid scandal that went down this week. Probably a good move.

r u serious!!!? that is very dumb, i hate the steelers but still that is pretty stupid