Should I get tested for Syphilis even though I'm not promiscuous and I don't have symptoms?

I have gotten tested for HIV and Hepatitis C but they were negative. I have never been tested for Syphilis though. I don't have symptoms but should I get tested anyway just to be sure? Or should I only get a test if I have symptoms?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You should get tested for all the STDs including syphilis, HSV1,2 etc. In this way, your mind will be clear that you do not have stds. but always be careful because you may be promiscuous again once you know you do not have it. I have been reading this forum of HIV/AIDS from www.thebody.com/aids/safesex/index.html and many worried wells are asking questions second or third time around because when they know they don't have HIV, they again promiscuously did the same thing and worried again. Anyway, get tested, it won't hurt you much but it will benefit you in a way.

• jtreez
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Don't they test for Syphilis along with your HIV test? It can never hurt to test for STIs.

• 1 decade ago

Just to relieve your mind why don't you go to an std clinic and get tested for all of them at one time?

• 1 decade ago

you should get tested every 6 months if you are sexual active so i say go a head

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It never hurts to keep yourself in good health by having regular check ups to insure your health.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.