Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I have a Bible verse I need help finding....?

"I have seen the dead raised but this is quite a miracle...."

All I have is 8:19, no book, please help me find out where in the Bible this came from, Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

"I have seen the dead raised but this is quite a miracle"...nope. It's not in there.

There are only two passages about the dead raised and neither is in the eighth chapter of any book; and it does not say the same thing. It isn't there.

I also checked the Quran - THE SPOILS 8:19, and it is not there either.

I just checked the Apocrypha and it is not in any book as 8:19.

grace2u

• ?

Well, a simple search of all the "8:19's" in the bible doesn't show this passage anywhere.

Also, given the nature of the quote, I looked in Luke and John around the story of Lazarus, and nothing was found there either.

Also, a look in the areas of the gospels dealing with crucifixion and resurrection produced nothing close to this.

Source(s): Atheist
  • Terry

Please put the name, and date of the Bible from which you are trying to quote. Without this information your quote may be or not be in any given Bible version of the thousands in circulation.

They don't appear in my Apocrypha or lost books either. Would you, perhaps be usinf the Book of Mormon to drive other Christians a bit nutty?

Another question comes to mind. In your quote, "the dead" appears as a plural.

• wgr88

I checked my computer sorry that phrase is NOT in The bible, but if you want a good source of bible questions to get anwsered try www.bibleinfo.com and bible LESSONS free on line www.itiswritten.com God bless talk to me also wgr88@yahoo.com make sure to compare scripture with scripture and DO NOT take verses out of context.

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • deacon

1 Corinthians 15:35 - But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

Hebrews 11:35 - Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Source(s): KJV

This is probably a scripture that has been taken out of context by one of " mans" rewritings` of one of the verses of The King James Holy Bible... ........Try the book of mormon ?

Sorry. That particular phrase isn't in the bible. It might be in the Apocrypha, but I don't know much about it.

matthew 27: 51 - 53

51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. 52The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Not in the Book of Mormon. I wish you luck.

Source(s): lds.org