Volunteering at a hospital?

I want to start volunteering. Any thoughts?

Favorite Answer

well an auxilary can volunteer in different areas of the hospital I used to volunteer in maternity it was nice .... no E.R Drama....

unless you like all that then volunteer in the E.R....

it's fun....

• Brent

I started as a hospital volunteer, and it was a very rewarding experience.

It all depends on what you want to get out of the experience. I was a teen looking at different career options, and found that healthcare was where I wanted to go, and my first volunteer job in the hospital helped me get started. I learned about all of the different jobs and responsibilities there are at a hospital, and found that there were affiliated clinics, health centers, and various other subsidiary companies that were interesting to work in as well.

I suggest you start by contacting the Volunteer Office, Auxillary Office, Community Relations, or Human Resources. Most hospitals have at least one of these departments, and all can direct you to the most appropriate person to contact within the organization.

Here's some links to help you get started:

American Hospital Directory:

http://www.ahd.com/

Points of Light Foundation (Volunteer Resources)

http://www.pointsoflight.org/

Good luck!

Source(s): I've been in health care for over 20 years, and I started by volunteering at a hospital.

Contact the hospital where you would like to volunteer. Most hospitals have a volunteer coordinator.

Good luck.

Practice using needles at home first. Be sure to get the combination to the drug cabinet and call me when you do.

Great way to pursuit a career in medicine.

do it!

i want to do it to

@ Princeton

its a good experience

but if you dont like that try places around your house like the library or animal shelter

At the end of the day you'll feel good about yourself...

Of course you should! Whats wrong with YOU?