Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

When i get my permit to drive in the state of florida, Does the insurance rate go up for my parents?

What would the premium be? And then once i get my license how much will it be and will i have to get my own plan?

Favorite Answer

No, not until you get your license. You may want to try a website that compares multiple companies at once to get you the best price. I am paying less than ½ after I did.

Go to: http://www.insureme.com/landing.aspx?Refby=616165&...

Take care,

Casey

Yes, anytime you add a driver to a policy the rate goes up. You never know what the premium or rates will be until you ask. You will not have to get your own plan once you get a license, you can stay on theirs if it's ok with your parents. You can go to progressive.com for an idea of how much it will cost for you to get a policy yourself. That web site compares mulitple companies' rates. Good luck!

Yes it will go up and it will stay pretty much the same once you get your license, depending on no moving violations or accidents. And if you get your own car you will get your own plan, but why do that. Stay on your parents plan until you finish college or reach the age of 26 or get married. Then you will have a lower premium.

HHHHHHHHEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSS

lol, premium depends on the company but all pretty much the same.

permit/license same price ...... factor is if you're behind the wheel. YOU are not insured, it is the VEHICLE so whoever owns the car pays the insurance. Be a nice daughter and pay for the insurance increase on your parent's premiums.

• pilot

Absolutely -- adding a minor child to your families auto insurance can be expensive but may be the best and least expensive way to get coverage. Shop around - make a few phone calls to agents and shop for insurance on line with companies like Geico and Progressive.

Good luck.

If you go on their plan as another driver, their rate will go up. Contact their insurance company for premiums or shop around to compare both scenarios.

CALL YOUR PARENTS INSURANCE AGENT.