Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Will grammar be in an issue in Heaven? Will everyone speak eloquently?

Will people with sub-par linguistic skills go to Hell?

Would that mean that most Americans and East Londoners won't get in?

I never said I was eloquent jin.

Favorite Answer

Hey now! Us 'murcans gots us great eloqentness. What is you be talking bout?

"Heaven, it'll be well wicked, innit?"

On the view that God is, of course, an Englishman

(See Ralph Richardson in Time Bandits for a superb example) then the ability to communicate perfectly in that most expressive language will be miraculously and graciously imparted.

King James Only folk will have their own corner with Jacobean English.

(where the heart of Christ is replaced by his bowels)

I agree. The grammar skills, that the majority of people on here portray, are less than adequate. Also, I have found that a lot of people apparently did not pass 5th grade spelling.

Blessed Be

)O(

• Isolde

Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.

And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.

There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

Ee by gum lad r u talking about 'apples and pears' going upstairs an' the like !?! Who created grammar? anyway? and I believe there is a greater issue to face.Doesn't the Bible talk about us all eventually speaking "The Pure' language(now is that in Zephaniah or not Hhmmmm)

Ebonics will be the official language spoken in Heaven. Those who are deaf will be required to speak ebonics in a visual-gestural manner -- in sign-language.

• If we can't even make it a requirement for people to be able to write coherently in their native language here in R&S, I don't think we can do it for Heaven either - as much as many would like to.

no and yes for the first 2

No, everyone speaks ebonics in Heaven

That wouldnt make a difference. If it did, all babies that cant even speak wouldnt be accepted in heaven,