What should I do my research paper on?

I am in my first year of college, and I have a research paper due in May. He told us that we could do it on any subject we want. I'm having trouble thinking of something... Can you give me some ideas?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

I would make the most out if this paper and write about something you really enjoy, or something you are really interested in learning about. For instance is there anything in your life that you will need to do any research for in the near future. Remember, research is just gathering information. Have you decided on a major, or do you have an idea of what career field you would like to go into; you could write you paper about that and also learn more about your possible career choice.

Professors usually like to see that you have researched something that is in someway relative to you. Regardless of what you write about, make it something you are interested in, because you will mostly likely NEVER have another opportunity to write a research paper on anything you want.

Source(s): College Junior

I'm really into history so I always did my papers based on that. If I was still in college I'd probably do it along the communication/technology line. Like compare & contrast how technology has changed our communication abilities within the last 100 years. How people back then did something & how long it took compared to today's people in the same situation. You can also learn alot yourself when doing the research.

"Westernization of Beauty" is a good topic. You could focus on how the European standard of beauty has a large impact on society and self image. I did a paper something like this in college for Psychology. My report was called "Colorism". Colorism is a form of discrimination that is aphenomenon, where human beings are accorded differing social and/or economic status and treatment based on skin color. (dictionary def) Got an A! Good luck on whatever you choose.

I in basic terms did a paper on the discovery and early tiers of baseball, it became surely fairly relaxing and that i became waiting to do my artwork because of the fact i'm involved in baseball. I dont comprehend in case you're yet thats in basic terms my theory. ok perchance not relaxing, cuz that's a learn paper. even yet it became the main relaxing subject rely i could think of and it didnt get uninteresting

Well my dear, anything sounds like a whole lotta options to choose from.

Do political stuff. As in "The Iraq War: different points of view from different sides of the world." Its the most current and intresting topic. War. lol.

maybe you should do something on a rare illness someone has had in your family. People always seem to be interested in learning something small and new like that. I know i always am. good luck!

war might be too controversial. Do it on a person or a system. like Socrates or Marxism. or if you are going to do a war do and old war i.e Civil war or revolution

it depends on what youre interested in...you could do:

legalization of marijuana

homeless children/families in america

autism

whatever you want!

how about how the belief in profits in religion cause all wars

do it on Hillary Clinton :D or Brittany SpearS!!! heh