How much should I sell my furniture for?

I am down sizing my living arrangements and I am needing to get rid of some furniture. I am not sure how much I should sell it for, is there a web site to give me some pricing guidelines to follow? I am needing to sell a dinette table, dining room table with 6 chairs(still has plastic covering over the cushions) and china cabinet, an old vanity and an entertainment center.

Favorite Answer

Go to ebay and do a search for the type of furniture you are selling, then go to the left of the page and click on completed listings. You then will get a page of items that are similiar to yours and you can furthur group the listings from highest to lowest. Just make sure you type in used. You can also sell on ebay and specific pickup only.

You are probably looking at 1/3 of the new cost unless it is very high quality stuff. Then, 50 - 60%.

• ra63

Try e-bay or visit some used furniture stores for comparison prices.

How much did you pay for it? What is the condition of it? I notice alot of people use craigslist.com to sell their furniture.

• duc602

depends on several factors the condition the age and also the original purchase price.