Upsetting news from home?

i just got some upsetting news, my brother who is 8 years old loves to wrestle, he's been doing this sport since kidergarted, and he is now in 3rd grade, i mean, he's had a six pack since he was 3 seriously, and he brags about how great of a wrestler he is, well at his last tournament, he had to wrestle his best friend, and the match was really close (as it always seems to be when they have to go against each other) and he won, well afterwards he was really worried that his friend would hate him, and now about a week after all of this, he has suddenly decided he doesnt want to wrestle anymore, which makes me think that maybe his friend said something, anybody else have any ideas???

Favorite Answer

...he needs to stop.Think. And get back into it. That could give him a free scholarship to Iowa Hawkeyes.

I think his friend said something that made him feel bad. I think someone should just talk to him and try to get him to understand that he needs to do his best no matter what even if that means he beats his friend. Turn the table and ask him how he would feel if his friend won? He may be able to see that his friend may just feel bad and maybe a bit jealous. I think this will work out and he will realize that he can't give up his dream.

His true friends will stay there no matter what. Don't give up on something you love and enjoy doing. Let them make a pack that no matter what happens during the sport they will stay friends

They are just kids but someone needs to really talk with the little boy and see what's really going on. I think he just doesn't want to compete with his close friends but its no reason to quit!

Tell him that a real friend wouldn't be mad at him for winning. Don't let him give up something he loves, over something so petty. Tell him to invite his friend over. They couldtry pacticing together.

• maren

provide his mom in regulation a call and tell her, "please do not tell Mr. Melanie that I advised you this...yet he truly misses listening to from you. he's way too macho to ever admit that, yet for his own wellbeing he needs to hearken to from you once per week and the day earlier any amassing we are planning." you're one of those competent spouse :)

he is only in third grade and he really no what he likes to do or what he likes in general.

kids will be kids and will get over it,unlike adults !

they are kids and will get over it in time