Land Line + Cell Phone or Cell Phone Only?

Favorite Answer

Go both. I have known people that have cell only and heard "Oh, sorry, I forgot to charge my phone and my second battery is blah blah...". Landlines are cheap, just do the basic and keep it as a back up.

Cell phone

It all depend on where you live and your occupation. I have done it both ways. When I spent very little time at home I only used a cell phone. I basically played poker all the time and my apartment was my crash pad. I was always on the move. I have phone through vonage and a cell phone that is pay as you go through T-mobile and it costs me much less. When I had cell phone only I was paying at least $80 a month plus those stupid taxes and fees. Now vonage runs me about $30 a month and my cell phone cards are $100 for 1000 minutes so my monthly bill runs me about $60.

If you use get really good cell reception at your house and you are always on the move then just use a cell phone.

Dave

Cell only for 4 years. No need for a home phone.

I did both for a while and found out that the land line was never used; it was just something for telemarketers to call me on. My husband and I have been doing the cell phone only thing and it has worked great for us. We both have our own cell phone on a family plan with TMobile with unlimited text messaging; its awesome!

Good luck with your decision!

• Jo

Cell phone only for the last 5 years. Only last October I have had both as my office moved home.

I haven't had a land line for years. My last place my roommate had a land line for a while. He ended up getting rid of it because he got sick of getting so many tele-marketers. It's basically all the calls he got.