Blue October - Hate Me...Is the song about a girl in his life or about his mother... i say it's a girl?

So what do you get from the song. I still get that it's about some girl in his life while others say it's his mother that he is talking about.

Favorite Answer

he talks about a girl i agree, but the only time it's mentioning his mom is when she calls i think it's this part of the lyrics that sum it up to be a girl to me

Until I saw your blue eyes cry and I held your face in my hand

And then I fell down yelling “Make it go away!”

Just make a smile come back and shine just like it used to be

And then she whispered “How can you do this to me?”

I'm leaning more towards it being about his mom.. at the begining of the song there's the voice mail thing that says "Hi Justin! This is your mother....." and he talks about always being a little boy and not a man.

Have you ever seen a video that has as much about the singer's mother as this one?! Which makes me think it is really about his mother. Maybe how his mother helped him, comforted him, during a bad time like a break-up, or even death of a lover (b/c of the cemetery he is driven to).

Its possible its about his mother, but certain parts of the song makes it seem more like another girl.

"The one thing that always tore us apart is the one thing I won’t touch again"

that normally wouldn't be something that would tear him apart from his mother, though it could.. and..

And like a baby boy I never was a man

"Until I saw your blue eyes cry and I held your face in my hand"

again doesn't sound much like he'd be talking about his mother, but more like someone else who was there for him, though again theres still the possibility of it being his mother..

I beleive that is about his mother because if you listen to the song. I feel he was a depressed child growing up.

its about his mom i think they were doing am interveiw i saw and he said it was about his friends mom that had helped him through his tough times-i think at least