Is the TV show "The class" is being Canceled?

Does anyone Know that is a Fan like I am, Like are they going to Cancel the sitcom Cause I saw on commercial This past Monday that it's like 2 episodes left, Answers Plz!

Favorite Answer

I hope not, I think it's one of the funniest shows on tv!

haven't heard about cancellation, but the premise is pretty sure to be stretched thin in just 1 or 2 seasons. Cute idea, but cute takes you only so far. Jason Ritter seems both talented and likeable, and this sitcom will probably launch him and many of the other cast members on to future successes.

Other pending casualties appear to include Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (plotlines bogged down in "character development", needs more action to survive) and Justice (exactly the opposite, we never got to really know the characters). Contrast Justice with Shark and see how to have a fresh legal drama succeed. Shark moves the plotline, but we get to know the characters and care about them. The writers give us enough about the peripheral characters to keep them interesting, while focusing on developing the motivations of the main players. I haven't done the math on this, but I suspect that probably 3 or 4 episodes out of 13 could focus more on the supporting cast and let the feature characters step back a little. The other 9 or 10 episodes focus on the primary characters and keep the supporting cast in the background with occasional tidbits dropped in for interest.

This ties in to The Class because they also seem to be trying to develop too many characters too quickly. We need to have some (but not too much) mystery. Rotating serialism (my own phrase) might be an option, where each week the show might focus on a different subset of characters to develop them but in a limited way. A show with a cast numbering like Twin Peaks is in grave danger of being too hard to follow.

Desperate Housewives is an exception, I think because there was enough mystery going on to keep viewers interested while they developed not only the 4.5 main characters, but showed the connections between them. Another benefit is that spouses/significant others who are regular but peripheral characters can be developed along with the primary characters they are married to with less risk of confusing or alienating viewers because you know exactly where they fit in on the show. Thus we end up with 8-12 regulars we "know", giving the writers much more flexibility.

I like the show. I didn't at first, but it's grown on me. Kinda like Friends. I hope they keep the show going. CBS monday night lineup is awesome. Surely they'll have room for this show next year. It's been holding it's own in the Nielsen ratings. Hasn't cracked the top 20 yet, but nor has How I Met Your Mother (which I really like). KEEP THE CLASS

There have been rumors since the show started, but I think it means 2 episodes left this season.

I really hope not!! But this coming Monday is the season finale, but I hope it comes on for a second season.

• DR

I don't think The Class is going anywhere. There might be some more character changes, though.

it's an okay show. I don't think its doing much for the network so it should be cancelled

I hope not I love that show!! I think it's great and really funny.

Good question...I liked that show too. I still have my stuffed Alf doll

I've never heard of it.