Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 1 decade ago

LCD screens?

Is there a certain way to clean your computer LCD screen or can I use windex? I have 3 kids and I always find finger prints on my screen...no matter how much I tell them to STOP touching....how can I clean them?

Favorite Answer

Well, if experience counts, I also have 3 children who can not keep their fingers off! My 2 year old drew a beautiful pencil drawing on it the other day!! Arggggg! Windex has worked just fine for me at home and at work and we have had the LCD's for about 2 years at home and work and have had no problem!

Source(s): Mom of 3 and Office Mom of 2

Plain rubbing alcohol & distilled water 50-50% Commercial cleaning solutions are EXACTLY that. Check the labels. Use an old cotton t-shirt. No paper towels, napkins...

i visit tell you that plasmas won't very final as long (besides the undeniable fact that they very final an prolonged time) as liquid crystal exhibit and liquid crystal exhibit gadgets might have ineffective pixels (maximum warranties enable for quite some till at last now the set is seen fallacious) appropriate outta the sphere and get greater desirable as time is going on (it sounds worse than it extremely is). I want liquid crystal exhibit over plasmas.

they make anti-static wipes for them so you dont get the little dust trail.... go out and buy a micro fiber rag and just keep it in a drawer they work perfect and they make lcd protection film also

Isopropyl alcohol

soft tissue or lens tissue ( lint free )

use same rag on kids hands and keyboard

No, just use a damp cloth or paper towel, you don't need any chemicals.

This will give you a precise step by step method for CORRECTLY cleaning your screen. Please DO NOT use ammonia.....

I use windex,, no probs yet..

• xoxox

just use water and a cloth!