Placement for curtain/drapery holdbacks?

I want to install holdbacks for my curtains which are medium in weight. Is there a certain height/level in relation to the window frame as to where to drill/place the holdbacks? Also, is there a certain distance from the window frame that I should hook it onto or does it not matter at all except to my eye's appeal?

Favorite Answer

It really is optical scale that you are looking to achieve. I have done window treatments where the swoop of the curtain was intended to add drama and bring a large window in scale with the room, so we mounted the drapery holdbacks lower (like 2/3 of the way down from the top of the window). I do like my drapery treatments to frame the window without seeing much drywall to the sides, so I usually mount them within a few inches of the side of the window. Just be certain that if you are not drilling into a stud, that you use drywall mollies to secure your holdbacks.

Source(s): 30 years experience in interior design

Drapery Holdbacks

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I want to install holdbacks for my curtains which are medium in weight. Is there a certain height/level in relation to the window frame as to where to drill/place the holdbacks? Also, is there a certain distance from the window frame that I should hook it onto or does it not matter at all except to...

Source(s): placement curtain drapery holdbacks: https://tr.im/yFHOK

How To Install Curtain Holdbacks

I have never seen them installed above the half-way point. But as to how low you want to go, that's very flexible, just a matter of preference.

As for where to anchor the tie-backs: some people attach them directly to the side edge of the window frame. Other sttach to the wall next to the frame. Partly, it depends on the length of the tie-back itself. You will notice that if you attach it too far back, it will prevent the curtain from hanging straight down. I suggest you look at photos in magazines, in catalog s and on line, and then experiment a bit.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awiBV

i agree with you. to prove your point to your husband, i would go to a home decor store and snap photos of the window displays and take them home to show your husband, as "evidence" or rifle through a catalog for proof. if you can without damaging the wall, place one your way and one his way. if that's all it takes for your husband to get "really mad" this will set him over the edge.