Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Is this a good sign, or should I shoot myself in the face...?

I've been trying to get a job working at a public radio station in the news department for over a year. Each time I've sent a resume, I've gotten a personalize letter back saying they would keep my on file. This week, however, I got a similar response, but a news director there invited me to come in next month to spend a day there and shadow a reporter. I'm somewhat encouraged by this because this time it's not simply a no. I wrote back to say I would be happy to go. Do you think this is a good sign at all?

Favorite Answer

It is a good sign. I wouldn't say that a position in Public Radio is a big money maker but if its what you want to do...this is a way to get some direct experience.

Depending on how things go on the 'Shadow Day' you could volunteer to intern a few days a week. This will give you more access. Be genuinely personable and cultivate relationships that you may need to call on in the future.

It's a good sign, but if all your choices in life come down to shooting yourself in the face, then this should be an opportunity for your potential employer to see either the unstable nature of your personality, or immaturity and avoid hiring you.

yes it is a good sign. when you go to jobshadow, seem very interested. be very professional. before hand, learn a lot of things about the place itself, the job, etc. so you know what they are talking about.

good luck!

Heck yes...your persistence paid off...good for you. Make the most of this opportunity,

Oh geez heck no, shoot yourself in the face without delay!!!

yes get your foot in the door and then you will get hired full time if your good

Yes i do

best of luck to you

you are in a little trouble but shoting yourself in the head is not the answer!!trust me on this one

• ra63

Of course it is.

shoot yourself in the face...with your own ***