Can i work on a degree, while being in the army?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you could and the army tends to pay for it.

Every Army Post has an Army Education Center on it. You can take classes in your spare time, and as long as you maintain a C average the Army will pay for your course. Also there is E Army U, like the University of Phoenix online. But qualifying soldiers get a laptop, printer and free internet to complete thier courses.

it really depends on your job and your unit. some soldiers are able to go to school while they are in the army, but most cannot. i went in the army thinking that i could get some school done but it just didnt happen. the one class that my commander let me sign up for was nearly impossible, I kept getting put on shift during my class time. luckily my teacher was very understanding. and when you are deployed, you cant do school either. you may be able to get a few classes in here and there, but not much. However, i think there is a college option when you enlist, where you get a year of stability to do school, you would have to ask a recruiter about the details, but if you want it make sure it is in your contract when you enlist, DO NOT let a recruiter fool you by telling you that you will be able to do college easily.

My boyfriend just joined the army & they told him he was gonna work on his college degree from a computer while he was in the army & when he got out after his 4 years he'd finish in a real college but i guess it all depends

Yes, while in the ARMY they pay 100% if its on base I believe, maybe some places they even pay for off-base. Then when they are discharged they get the GI bill which they can use while they are a civilian but remember THE G.I. BILL CAN ONLY BE USED IF YOU ARE GOING TO SCHOOL FULL TIME.

• Yes, you can. Enlisted Army personnel who enroll in courses through any accredited insititution can apply for 100% tuition assistance. Basically, you go to college for free while you're in. Most people do it through college extension centers on base. Some people do it online through distance learning. Either way, you're good to go.

Yes you can, my son is doing it, at a University or on line!

Sure you can! That is, if you don't get your head blown off for oil.

You can try!