Why does yahoo messenger say Im idle when Im not?

Iv tried signing out and signing back in and nothings really working... that usually does it. I also tried putting up away messages and adding the stop sign and becoming available again and still nothing. Does this happen to you? How do you fix it?

Favorite Answer

Okay, I've never had this issue with my Yahoo Messenger. But I say you go into preferences and actually turn off the "Idle" option.

If you do not want to do that, I would re-install Yahoo Messenger as a last option.

Hopefully that helps!

--Vae

• lacy

So the messengers, if the sn/individual is idle, the she or he hasn't touched the workstation for a quantity of time. they may well be away and did not post a demonstration, that they seem to be some the place else, must be doing this or that...it particularly is in simple terms that they are on yim, yet not precisely making use of the workstation.

Click on messenger name at top of messenger page.Click on preferences,click on privacy tab,there check do not show how long i've been idle.Idle only mean's that your not typeing at that time.