Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Can I be a pescatarian if I eat pork?

Its just a little bit. so can I use the word?

Favorite Answer

(thumbs-down time<evil grin>)

PLEASE DO!!!! I beg you to continue eating pork and tell everyone that you ARE a pesca-whatever!!

Maybe after a few of the pesca-whatever's get served pork they'll understand why REAL vegetarians get so angry at them!

The -arian suffix has no business being used with Pesca- or Pisca-

The correct term would be PISCAVORE!

If its a sea pork, you can! :p

A little or not, meat is meat. Sorry! Just accept that you are neither a pescatarian nor a vegetarian.

The definition of "vegetarian" is quite clear and firm - "no meat".

The definition of "pescatarian" is also pretty clear - "no meat except fish".

I don't know why people are so anxious to stretch these words to the point that they're meaningless.

Your a regular meat eater if you eat pork, not being rude, but just to be fair. Your an omnivore that maybe eats a lot of fish and vegetables.

You are free to use whatever word you want to use. However, by definition, you would no longer be pescetarian if you consumed pork. I can call myself a Princess if I want to, but it doesn't make it true.

• beebs

Not unless you enjoy lying. Pescatarians eat seafood and fish, no beef, no pork, no poultry. Why would you want to refer to yourself as anything other than what you are? It doesnt matter if its just a little, or a whole dead pig-its still meat.

• YSIC

Remember what Jules said in "Pulp Fiction"?

A pig's a filthy ANIMAL. (not a fish)

No, you cannot call yourself a pescatarian if you eat pigs, cows, lambs, chickens, etc.

a pescatarian is someone who only eats fish, so, no, you can't be one if you eat pork

greenghost...I love ya man!

I totally agree with him, sure you can be a fish eater who eats pork....just don't put "arian" at the end of it and there won't be any problems :)

No:

Pesco/pollo vegetarianism", "pescetarianism", "pollotariansm" or "semi-vegetarianism" are neologisms coined in the media to describe certain lifestyles of restricted diet. Most commonly, these include the practice of not eating certain types of meat (most commonly red meat such as beef, PORK, lamb) while allowing other meats, such as seafood.