Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else think Kwame Brown has more potential then Bynum?

Look at Brown's frame he could be like Shaq if he tried harder.

Favorite Answer

Brown is a great defender but I can't say he has more potential than Bynum for the sake that Brown can't catch a pass to save his life and has stone hands.

You can't improve that much for that although I think ge could be a double double guy and great defender

Bynum on the other hands can catch anything and has soft hands and has shown flashes of a very good post game and footwork

ALso Bynum is much younger so the development will come faster as he grows into his body and matures

Lakers need both of them healthy though

Kwame has been in the league what, 5 years now and never lived up to his potential. He's a guy that's known to not be aggressive or have a real love for playing basketball, he's also been injury prone since joining the Lakers. Bynum on the other hand is a true center who is young and getting better in his 2nd season. Neither of these guys could ever be a Shaq/Hakeem/Ewing/Kareem/Wilt/Russell, but Bynum may be a top 5 center as early as next year.

Brown has no potential. Yep none, look he may have the physical tools, but he does not have the mental tools. He is weak minded, and that is something he will never be able to change. He will never be a great player, Bynum at this point has a much bigger upside. He is bigger, stronger, and younger. Now does he have the mind set to be great, well that is still up in the air. But at this point you would have to bet the farm on Bynum.

We have to admit that Kwame Brown is a bust. Let's pretend that he was intimidated by MJ when he was in Washington. But he was in LA for a long time now. I thought he is going to improve under Phil Jackson. But Bynum overtook him. I think he has no skills to further elevate his game.

Kwame is the biggest bust the NBA has ever seen. That was a very dumb move by MJ to select him from High school. He needed to mature more and be a bigger impact like KG and Kobe

he has the potential but never took advantage of it. from the time he got drafted there was alot of promise .but he seems like hes blowing it. bynum seems to be one to take a chance on. still so young with alot of potential .lets just hope he's not another kwame.

They play different positions..

Brown is a 6'10" PF

Bynum is a 7' Center

Brown is definatly more of a bruiser so I see where you're coming from on the Shaq comment but I dont think he is ever going to be 7'2" 320lbs

Yeah I give that to him. He could but he plays lazy at sometimes. Bynum is getting trained by Abdul Jabbar and hell get better by experience. Juts like how Kobe was like when he was 19, he was good but got better as you can see by experience

Go Lakers

Kwame Brown was/is a bust. He was a wasted choice,

No ........ cause Bynam has waaaay more potential right now he is already better so Of Course Bynum has more potential.