I have a huge hole in my ceiling, who is supposed to pay to fix it? Maintanence or Mortgage insurance?

The hole was caused from hurricane Wilma 2 yrs ago. And since then we called our mortgage insurance and they said we are not protected for that only flood so they said that the Maintanence company needs to pay for it but when we asked them they said that they would look into it but they never did. So I was wondering what else can get done. I need help. Thanks

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You need to stay on them. Call, write letters and document them. If that doesn't work call an attorney. Hopefully there is no limitation on time or you could be out of luck.

  • PRS
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    Mortgage insurance only pays off your mortgage if you die or become completely disabled. You should have homeowner's insurance - they should be the ones to pay for it. But you have to step up and file a claim and get the contractors and arrange for the work to be done. What are you waiting for? I don't understand what you are talking about in regards to the Maintanence company - is it a Condo? If so this should have been fixed by now - keep after them, read your homeowner's insurance policy and see what they are supposed to cover and get to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.