how should i handle this?

monday during a meeting at work a coworker and i agreed to trade shifts,she is not only my coworker but also she is my stepsons sister, she will work for me on sunday and i was going to work for her on friday,well seeing as though she has sundays off i thought it was a good trade because on fridays she has to work 16 hr shift so i figured that to give her the chance to only have to work 8 hrs on friday it would be fair well she turns around and calls our manager and complains that she will only have one day off if she works for me on sunday,so she makes the agreement without talkin to me first that i will work for her om thursday which puts me workin a 16 hr shift my shift plus hers is this fair

Favorite Answer

No it's not fair. Life's not fair. Make the best of it and don't trade shifts with her in the future. Good Luck.

if you agreed to take her shift and it was 16 hrs what makes you think that she was gonna work half of it? you knew before trading that the shift was longer and you should have to work all of it. I don't think it is fair for her to trade for a different day without your permission but i also think you tried to screw her by making her work 1/2 her shift when you agreed to take her shift, which you knew was 16 hours, in the beginning.

Of course not. Suck it up and remember what a mistake you made. Don't hold it against anyone, you are just as much to blame for making a faulty deal. Always go through the manager to make shift changes.

No, cancel the entire agreement. You work your normal shift and hours while she works her normal shift and hours and let her find someone else to screw over. If u allow her to do it this time it WILL NOT be the last time!!!... Good luck

They should have asked you 1st to see if you could work the shift. So no I don't think it's fair...

Start getting trade agreements in writing so she would have to consult you to make a further change. At my job we have a simple form to fill out.

CAT FIGHT!!! Love em as they show just how silly girls can be over silly little things. Best solution.. WORK YOUR OWN SHIFTS!

she should have discussed it with you if she takes your shift on sunday no matter what the hours you should take hers no matter what the hours

You need to cuss dat ***** out and cut her out of you life. what kind of person is that she's only thinking of herself and no one else.