What happens if you swallow mouthwash??

I swallowed a teaspoon or so of scope mouthwash will anything happen to me? cause on the bottle it says if swallowed to call the poison control.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I think you should be fine,you might get a slight upset stomach,but it really wasn't all that much!!

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    Swallowing Mouthwash

  • 1 decade ago

    I would say you will be alright. There has to be some allowance of what you swallow. After all, your putting it in your mouth. I think they mean if you swallow more than a few mouthfulls you should call poison control. Say like drink half the bottle. It's happened to me beforw with listerine and I just took a drink of water and all was fine. If your that afraid, it wouldn't hurt to call just to ease your mind.

  • 1 decade ago

    No that will not do any harm. Maybe if you swallowed the whole bottle. However if a small child were to swallow that amount you would need to call poison control.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kilroy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    If it's just a teaspoon, you "probably" don't need to freak out. You may feel ill. Read the back of the bottle as to whether you should induce vomiting or not.

    For LARGE amounts of consumption, contact the nearest poison control center or 911.

  • 1 decade ago

    Depends on the product.

    Some still use alcohol which means if you swallowed a lot, don't go driving.

    Read the precautions on the side of the bottle.

  • 1 decade ago

    You'll be right. If you swallowed the whole bottle you might be in trouble. But honestly do you feel sick? Do you really think you should ring poison control?

  • 1 decade ago

    if you are that concerned just call the hotline they can clear it up in a few seconds for you i remember swallowing sore throat gargle stuff once that said your not supposed to swallow and i was fine just had a very minty mouth for a few hours and upset belly

  • 1 decade ago

    No, it'll upset your stomach, but a teaspoon or so shouldn't do any harm. Now if you were to stay there and drink it....that would be another issue.

    Source(s): I'm a paramedic in Iraq
  • 1 decade ago

    this happened to my niece when she was 7, they said that you have to drink the whole bottle before it is really harmful. You may get an upset stomach.

    My prayers are with you.

    Blessings!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.