Shortage of breath?

Can shortage of breath be trigered by stress or by anorexia (eating disorders)???

♥thanks♥

Favorite Answer

Yes, I used to get shortness of breath all the time because of anxiety. It feels horrible. I don't think it can be caused by anorexia; if you have this eating disorder please seek counselling.

I would go see a doctor first to make sure the shortness of breath is not caused by other reasons. Asthma could be a possibility too.

If you experience shortness of breath regularly, you may have hyperventilation syndrome. It happens when you breathe too quickly and take in too much oxygen. It can result in shortness of breathe, numbness and tingling, lightheadedness, etc. Here is some basic information: http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/hyperve...

Breathing exercises are also effective for dealing with hyperventilation syndrome. A great book with these and that also outlines hyperventilation syndrome is: "Self-help for hyperventilation syndrome" by Dinah Bradley. Check it out from your local library.

Good luck!

Source(s): My own experience and research.

stress i believe but not anorexia. Please tell me you are not suffering from anorexia. I think the would has enough self beauty through anorexia and thats just horrible how people can torture themselfs by that.

• lesure

if you're a smoker, provide up...it would help yet then, proceed swimming if I were you because it really is tremendous! Get some reliable preparation if I were you from experienced singers who would nicely be in a position that could also help you with your respiration recommendations....... reliable success!

yep it can be triggerd by stress and could lead you to have a panick attack.