Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Funeral 'in pink'...Would you like to attend this 'event'?

I'm amazed at the ongoing news surrounding the death and subsequent decisions being made, regarding this celeb!!!

300 'invited' guests? Would you like to be one of these 'elite'?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/03/01/anna....

Deceased is . . . Anna Nicole Smith . . .

Favorite Answer

funerals should be tuned to the person they are memorializing. in this case it makes sense

Try for as much black as possible.

For men, this means to wear a black suit. If you want to go for tradition, a plain white shirt and a plain (no pattern) long, black necktie. However, there are always exceptions to the rules, no? A black suit with a black turtle neck, black dress shirt with long black tie, black dress shirt(no tie;first button unbottoned), or a black t-shirt (clean, kind of silky) could all be acceptable depending on the family.

For women. If you want traditional, go with a black suit, either skirt or pants. However, this next route is strongly recommended. If it is summer, go with a black cocktail dress. Plain, not too low cut. For winter, black skirt and black sweater. And always, no open-toed shoes! If you want to mix it up a little, get a hat. Not a trucker hat, but a wide-brim hat that is black. If you are unsure in this department, look at some pictures of Queen Elizabeth II, or any other female member of the English Royal Family at a funeral. (They have the basic idea, if not always hitting the nail directly on the head). A feather or flower on the hat is good.

Some do not necessarily believe that wardrobe should be strictly black in color. While the person's death should be grieved, it seems also appropriate to celebrate the person's life with some color-- not anything like lime green or neon yellow, but a deep red or maybe a pale blue.

I only knew the deceased from the TV,I personally believe Family and true friends should attend Funerals.No matter who the person is.If you don't know the person, why go?

Would love to go anywhere with you Mickey! Just don't get abusive like Tigger.

(PS: I'm amazed too. All this goes on when we should be focusing on "silly" things like health care and education!)

Don't like funerals-- and the whole "pink" thing is weird... Actually, the entire situation is weird...

If I knew the person that died I would go!

no thanks.