The West has such low birth rate. Do u think the main reason for people 2 hav child is the financial issue?

The Population Research Institute (PRI) says virtually every Western or Westernized nation on the planet is slowly dying off because birth rates have fallen below the 2.1-child-per-woman replacement level.

Sorry, my question is: Do u think the main reason for people to refuse to have child is the financial issue?

Favorite Answer

That's a big factor. It will cost the average American close to a half a million dollars to raise one child until the age of 18! Child care for my daugther is $800 a month!

Aside from financial reasons, more women are working than ever before. Women are wanting careers and are waiting later in life to have kids, or not at all.

• Kharm

Two people only need to have two kids to leep the population constant. I don't think it is really a good idea for the population to grow with how over populated the planet is.

As to why people in the West have only two kids, there are many reasons. Mine is that kids are stressful and expensive. Mostly stressful. I want to be able to handle my kids, not be outnumbered by them.

they are reproducing in basic terms not with different white human beings. for sure different races think of white is warm or they does not be having a infant with a white individual good?? Does it surely rely in any case in some hundred years the races are going to be so blended it won't rely.

• mel m

Definately! I have 1 child with no plans for more because we can barely afford the 1 we have.