can you join the military if your on probation? I was in the military when i was charged.?

I was in the military when i was charged. It was a felony abandonment charge which arond here is not paying child support for 30 days. because i live out of state it was a felony. i have been out of the service for a year now and i have one year left on probation.

Favorite Answer

The military will not touch you if you are on probation. And even after you get of probation you will need a waiver.

Honey! I suggest you go visit your nearest recruiting office to find out for sure. However considering the circumstances as far as a Felony goes is minor I'm guessing you could. They may even be able to do a deal with your Probation officer, Corrections dept. so you can serve that 12months in the Military. Go try can't hurt to find out from them.Whatever you do be responsible for your children you helped bring them into this world and it's your duty above everything to make sure they have what they need to thrive. Good Luck

While u r still on probation u r on ur own. Once you r done with probation then they can deal with u. However just make sure to mention it so that they know before hand what there dealing with so that they can take the neccessary steps to clear u so that u may get a waiver.

• Mrsjvb

your probation must be completed before you can enlist..or re enlist in your case.

whether or not you can after the probation has been complteed will also depend on your RE code and which branch you are trying to get into.