How can I get a copy of my last years tax return?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, they can provide you with transcripts of your return and W2 information and have it mailed to you in 7 to 10 days, or by fax if you have access to a fax machine. If you need an actual photo copy of the return you would need to complete form 4506 and send that along with a check for 39.00 to the service center where you filed, it will take 60 days to process your request

Source(s): Internal Revenue Service 1-800-829-1040
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

By you asking the question must mean you don't still have your copy, so your choices are to go to whomever did your taxes last year and buy a copy for a nominal price if you had a professional tax service do them (H&R Block charges $17), or you can go to www.irs.gov and order a free "transcript" which has the information from the return, but isn't the actual return itself. Or, for $39 the IRS will sell you a complete actual copy. See www.irs.gov for details how to do it.

Source(s): I am a Tax Preparer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

in case you will no longer be able to upload, subtract, multiply and divide why did your extreme college award you a level? Why did your state enable you to bypass the standardized exams? Accounting in many circumstances in basic terms calls for low stages of math and better undertaking fixing skills. Your excuses are ignorant and don't have elementary experience in contact. what's so difficult approximately fifty 5,000 x 7.5% - 5,six hundred ? so as that they handed the edge with the help of $a million,475. The minimal is fifty 5,000 x 7.5% or 4,a hundred twenty five, so something previous that beats the edge assessments. i think of you do no longer comprehend what it is your flaws rather are. TRO - somewhat ? Textbooks often do no longer use the present tables, they certainly tend to combine up and confuse you on purpose with the help of employing assorted tax years and dates in problems. She by no potential stated which tax 12 months the instructor gave her. it is not a real taxpayer query. that's an tutorial homework query.

• 1 decade ago

I only know how to do this if you file through a tax preparation Co. You contact the company & office you filed with,if the office is closed you will need to call the main office for your area,then simply give your request to the receptionist when they answer the phone.They can & will get a copy for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go here, and follow the IRS's directions for getting one.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html?portlet=1

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wherever you get your taxes done should have copies?

• 1 decade ago

Go to irs.gov and search for Form 4506-T.

Fill out the form and enclose proof of your identity, and the IRS will mail you any transcript you desire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.