Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does it bother atheists when they are accused of moral relativity?

Favorite Answer

No, but I think some (me) get a little amused at times... it gets a little old.

At first until I found out 70% of the us prison population is Christian

and only .5 Atheist. I guess I just have to live with the fact that Christians are the ones with no real morels

Moral relativity is not exclusively the province of atheists. Christians, having been commanded "Thou shalt not kill," often support the death penalty.

There is always the thin line between crafty business practices and theft. Any God-fearing person can cross that line, as long as he justifies it by claiming he's doing it for his family.

Christians have bombed abortion clinics, killing people, because they believe that abortion is murder and murder is wrong except when they do it.

• N

It might bother some atheists.

I believe in moral relativism, actually, so it doesn't bother me.

• Lynus

No, because I firmly believe that in a universe without God, there is no objective right and wrong.

It is just a natural consequence and I have accepted it.

nope, I am a product of my time and society.

Source(s): was I born in a different time, say the 1800s I surely would have a different set of morals. Or even in the same time on a different place on this planet.