IM MOVING OUT...can someone give me some tips?

Im moving out soon.. i have a decent paying job ... my parents tell me that i wont make it out there but I want to prove it to them that i will... Can someone give me some tips?

even if i move out i still pretty much pay rent.. my parents make me pay 600 a month ..not including car insrance and car note.... but with my roomate its just 300 a month plus 110 for utilities and not including my car and insurance..but my parents still tell me that i wont make it.

• dan m
    Favorite Answer

im going to be straight up stay home and save up at least 2 months of wages because if you lose your job or are off sick your going to need it to get by. and make sure you have enough money for the unexpected .

Source(s): just save for a couple of months and then make the leap
  • lesure

Packing Tip #a million: Don’t procrastinate. This seems ordinary sufficient, yet getting began will be puzzling. some weeks previous on your flow, commence up packing truly some packing packing containers an afternoon. commence up with products that are least mandatory on your on a wide-spread foundation life. in case you %. your self, you'd be more suitable prepared and the interest received’t be so overwhelming. Make packing a lot less puzzling by utilizing now no longer waiting to commence. Packing Tip #2: %. room-by utilizing-room. concentration on one area of a room at a time and don’t blend products from different rooms in a unmarried field. to stay clear of miniature knickknacks and small products from being lost or mistakenly thrown out with the packing paper, wrap them in brightly-colored tissue paper. Packing Tip #3: Label for positive. on the best and area of each field, write a commonplace description of the contents and the room call. Use different colored markers for each room, which will grant further clarity for you and your movers. Packing Tip #4: stay sparkling. commonly used newspaper would bleed ink onto your possessions. Use white packing paper to wrap all products.

Leena,

You will make it in the world as long as you pay your bills on time and organize your life for yourself not your parents. I say make sure you know when the bills are do and take out what you need for each paycheck toward bills. Keep a little bit for yourself and put the rest in a savings account. Do NOT get credit cards. Trust me on that one! Just pay with money orders ( keep the stub) and make sure your bills are paid and in order. Make sure you have money for gas in the car at all times to make it to work every day you have to go. Make sure you know what you are spending per month as well. Write down things as you go. Keep a journal. your parents will be shocked by that but most importantly you are organized and ready for the real world. I hope things work out for you and I am sure things will. Good luck to you.

Prioritize.

Don't waste money at coffee shops, fast food places, etc. Learn to use coupons. Learn to read the sales flyers to go where food is cheapest. Be willing to sacrifice a lot of "nice" things and settle for what you can afford. Find a thrift store that is clean, and get used to shopping there.If you are in the US, use craigslist (dot com) to find "free" things online.

You can do it.

Thousands of people are "poor" and still manage to get by. Learning to sacrifice, and learning what is really important to survive are the most important things.

They say living well is the best revenge... it will also be a good way to prove to your parents that you are financially and emotionally prepared to make adult decisions.

Good luck!

Well thats good!! Just keep in mind that you should have these things always covered for you....

Rent money

Insurance for the car

Car payment

Electric and water bills

Garbage

food

Phone bill

and the list goes on...

Just be prepared for the worse situation. you can do it! Good luck

• Bethy4

You can make it and you will make it - end of story.

Be sure to budget your money.