Anarchist Science Fiction Books?

Does anyone know any good science fiction books that deal with anarchist issues?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes!

"The Dispossessed" - Ursula Le Guin. This is a truly fantastic narrative. Highly recommended!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Daniel R is right, Ken McLeod 's books really deal with the economy and fictional history of an anarchist future!

• 1 decade ago

You want the Fall Revolution series of books by Ken McLeod - particularly the first one, The Star Fraction, which is set in a not-too-distant future where England is fractured into hundreds of mini-states - parts of London are anarchist, parts are fundamentalist Christian, etc.

The second one, The Stone Canal, is set even further in the future on a world that can probably be described as anarcho-syndicalist.

• 1 decade ago

Harry Harrison's 'The Stainless Steel Rat Gets Drafted' contains chapters set in an anarchistic utopia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think Douglas Adams, "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," is pretty anarchistic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Illuminatus trilogy by Shea and Wilson is a bit like this. Otherwise I can't recommend it. That contradiction in terms, a made-to-order cult book.

• 1 decade ago

If i remember correctly Necromancer was fairly anit-establishment and it was crazy..wierdest book i ever read but still very cool.

The lies of Locke Lamora is about a bunch of theives who work against the government and the secret police. Its my new favorite book to. Lots of action, blood guts and mystery. Great con-man book.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein is remarkably

anarchistic..

• 3 years ago

Anarchist Science Fiction

• 1 decade ago

There are tons! My favourite is "the Dispossessed" by Ursula LeGuin. There's also a big bibliography available on the web here: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/benjaminbeck/anarchysf/m...

Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.