Why is it called the world series when only America enters?

I think America has pathetic sports I am British and all the games we invented are popular world wide Football, Golf Tennis Rugby and Cricket. When its the World cup every nation in the world enters look how popular football is and i am amazed America doesn`t have the talent to play Football at the highest level.... show more I think America has pathetic sports I am British and all the games we invented are popular world wide Football, Golf Tennis Rugby and Cricket. When its the World cup every nation in the world enters look how popular football is and i am amazed America doesn`t have the talent to play Football at the highest level. They can`t even say it properly soccer indeed and there football is a game where they throw it with there hands silly i know. Bring it on
Update: Thank god for us English we gave you Americans your language yes English does come from England duh. Only kidding just a bit if banter but wear are my stars all i see are stripes