Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

nor m asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

. does the information in the movies focus more on negative orpositive aspects of people's live ?

think about what you read in newspaper and see on t.v and at the movies .

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In order to sell (make money) marketing demands that you catch the attention of your target audience. It is much easier to catch someone's attention with a negative - since it stands out as bad, dangerous, wrong, etc. Once you have someone's attention, it is easier to sell them things.

That is the sole purpose of all commercial media. To sell you things. (That's why it's called "commercial media".)

Source(s): Shut off your TV and read a book.
  • Ron H
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think mediocrity stands out the farthest. It seems dysfunctional to me so I can not reach the point where I would consider the aspect of what the portrayal of individuals is focused on.

• 1 decade ago

Negative. Conflict is more interesting than a peaceful day in someone's life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.