how do a portable self container carpet cleaner compare to truck mount carpet cleaner?

Best Answer

The truck mount has a larger vacuum system, which can produce more suction and pull stuff from the carpet better.

The long hozes of the truck system if not maintained properly or allowed to kink can rob the system of effective power...

so if they are equally maintained, the truck system should give a better result. But some are not properly maintained...

Portable is cheaper to buy I always found that you can get a better suction with a portable cleaner and it can be used in multi story work far easier than truck mount. By the way anti foam I used kerosene instead at $2 a bottle instead of expensive brand name anti foam. It goes in the return tank so threes no smell problem anti foam only puts a film on the water the same as the kerosene