1. Raiders: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU - Al Davis realizes Oakland has to get a strong-arm QB for the future.
2. Lions: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin - May not be next Orlando Pace but will be a solid NFL tackle.
3. Browns: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - Browns consider drafting Branch but won't pass up Peterson.
4. Bucs: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - Has size and hands to upgrade Bucs' offense immediately.
5. Cardinals: Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas - Arizona will grab the drafts best end.
6. Redskins: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - Will give Redskin defense the explosive edge rusher it lacks.
7. Vikings: Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State - Superfast receiver will help offense that's low of firepower.
8. Texans: Alan Branch, DT, Michigan - Texans will continue to build on defense with this versatile lineman.
9. Dolphins: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville - In 2 years, will prove he was best DT of his class.
10. Falcons: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas - Tall athletic CB will address an area of weakness.
The Sporting News