Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

security device i heard of :?

some one once told me there is a solenoid type device that acts like a dead bolt similar to house deadbolts

that locks you car doors making it impossible to open the vehicle

they would have to climb through your window to get in.

and also a strobe light flashing in the would be theives making it impossible for them to see

any insight would be great!

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Those dead-bolt type locks are pretty much standard equipment on all cars sold in Europe today and have been for several years. They can only be engaged from the outside when the engine is off, either by using the door key or the remote transmitter. Not sure why they're not common in the US yet.

    The strobe would be too easy to defeat. Think duct tape!

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.