Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What's your favorite crock pot (slow cooker) recipe?

I'm so excited about my new crockpot! What should I cook first? I'm adventurous, but not talented, in the kitchen...

Favorite Answer

All these people and the chili answer...personally I think chill stays to soupy for my tastes when cooked in a crock pot(guess I am a chili purest)

Here is one of my standbys that always makes people go Oh My God(and inspires drooling sometimes as well!)

1)Take a Big old Chuck Roast(tough and tasty...prefect for LONG SLOW cooking).....brown really quick on stove....

2)meanwhile....cut up 2 onions(any kind)into 8ths....toss into crock pot.....also toss about have the cloves from a head of garlic(no need to cut ..just pull of the dried skin)

3) toss in the Chuck Roast

4)...pour in enough beer( i prefer Guiness or a Strong IPA) to almost cover the roast

Cook that sucker on high until it falls apart(usually about 8-10 hours)

you can serve it as pot roast or shred it and use it for BBQ beef sandwiches(just pour BBQ over it on the bread/buns)

YUM!

I think I am going to go get a roast right now!

Good luck and good eats!

1

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipes Cookbook : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?HVxO

Congratulations!! I love my crock pot and use it a few times a week!! My family's favorite recipe is:

Take about 7 pounds, (2 pkg's) of country style pork ribs. In your crock pot mix 2 cans of chicken broth with 1/2 cup of your favorite barbeque sauce. Put the ribs in the mixture and set on low for about 6-7 hours until the ribs fall off the bone. Take the ribs out and take the bones out and fat off and pour out the mixture in the crock pot. Put the ribs into the empty crock pot and generously cover the meat with your favorite bbq sauce, (Budweiser has a great one!!) and let that sit on low for another hour while you make potatos or whatever. Then just spoon out. It's delicious and super easy!! Good luck!

these are two of my favorites

Slow Cooker Ham

Submitted by: LITTLEMSTXTHANG

Rated: 5 out of 5 by 63 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 8 Hours Ready In: 8 Hours 15 Minutes

Yields: 24 servings

"For a delicious, no-fuss ham that is juicy and good, try this slow cooker sensation with only two ingredients!"

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups packed brown sugar

1 (8 pound) cured, bone-in

picnic ham

DIRECTIONS:

1. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Place the ham flat side down into the slow cooker - you might have to trim it a little to make it fit. Use your hands to rub the remaining brown sugar onto the ham. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 hours.

Pork Stew

Ingredients:

1 Tbs oil

1 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes

1/2 lb baby carrots

1/2 lb new potatoes, quartered

1 red pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped

1 16-oz. package frozen mixed vegetables

1 8-oz. can whole baby corn, drained

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves

1 can reduced sodium chicken broth

2 packets brown gravy mix

Directions:

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes and brown. In the stoneware, combine pork and remaining ingredients, except broth and gravy mix. Combine broth and gravy mix and pour over ingredients in the stoneware. Cover cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.

This recipe is from www.crock-pot.com

stew beef brown in a fry pan with a little butter

then

asdd beef

1 onion sliced

1 pack of mushrooms sliced

2 large cans cream mushroom soup

1 16 ounce sour cream

salt and pepper

garlic 1/2 table spoon

mix all except sour cream

cook 6-8 hours

1/2 hour before serving add sour cream

serve over noodles

it is great

this is a great hit at my house

the meat will be so tender

have cooked with crock over 22 years

A tasty and easy way to break that new CP in:

Crockpot Chili

Ingredients:

1 lb.Extra lean ground beef

1 cupChopped onion

3 (14.5 oz) cansDiced tomatoes, undrained

1 (14.5 oz) canTomato sauce

1 (14.5 oz) canGreat northern beans, rinsed and drained

1 (14.5 oz) canRed kidney bean, rinsed and drained

1 (14.5 oz) canCorn, drained

2 tbsp.Chili powder

1 tbsp.Cumin

1 cupSalsa

Preparation:

Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet until cooked through, drain and pour into a crockpot. Dump rest of ingredients in crockpot, stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.

• Bliss

Crockpots are great! No talent required (trust me on this!).

Lemon Chicken

1/4 cup flour

1 1/4 teaspoon salt

4 pounds chicken pieces

2 tablespoons vegetable oil 6 ounces lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed

3 tablespoons brown sugar

3 tablespoons ketchup

2 tablespoons water

Combine flour with salt; coat chicken thoroughly. Brown chicken pieces in oil and drain. Stir together lemonade, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar. Place chicken in crockpot and pour lemonade mixture over it. Cook on high 3 to 4 hours. Serve over cooked rice.

Cherry Cobbler

1 16 oz can light cherry pie filling

1 package cake mix for 1 layer cake or sweet muffin mix

1 egg

3 Tbs evaporated milk

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup chopped nuts -- optional

Put pie filling in lightly buttered 3 1/2-quart crock pot and cook on high for 30 minutes. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spoon onto the hot pie filling. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on low. You may also use a lightly greased soufflé dish in a larger crock pot. 6 servings.

Garlic Lime Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Beef Burgundy

3 - 4 lbs beef - cut up (use a cheaper cut such as round steak)

4 cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup

1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix - dry

1 can sliced mushrooms

1 soup can full (about 1 1/4 cup) Burgundy wine

Place beef in the bottom of your slow cooker. Mix together soup, soup mix, mushrooms and burgundy. Pour over the top of the beef in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours on low.

Have fun!

• ?

This is EXTREMELY simple to do...you need: 1 chuck roast of choice, 1 small can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 envelope of onion soup mix. Put your roast in the pot set on low...spread the mushroom soup over the roast and sprinkle the onion soup mix over that. Let it go all day. You can serve this with anything. The best part is that the juices from the meat mixed with the soup and soup mix makes a verrrry yummy gravy.

pot roast 4 sure

pot roast

onion soup mix

carrots

potatoes

cook on low for 8 hours and the meat gets super tender

i am a newby crocker and i love it. i asked the butcher why my pot roast didn't have that umpf. she said to cover the meat in flour first, (for the gravy),some water, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, onion, then whatever veggies. baby carrots work well and red potatoes. this is my favorite dish! also, jewel(grocery store) often has pot roast on sale for buy one- get one free. good luck!