luckyme asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Cleaning out cat litter box and realized?

i was just cleaning my cats litter box and the urine seems sticky and gum like. is that okay and normal? I have two cats around age 3 so i cant pin point who did it. Is it okay?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It's probably not anything wrong with your cat. Your litter may not be clumping right. Buy new litter and if you still notice sticky urine, take both of your cats to a vet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That doesn't sound normal. Is it possible the litter and the urine mixed to make the "goo"? It might be a good idea to have him checked out by a vet or a least to keep a very close eye on him.

• 1 decade ago

I would say it's probably the litter, you could try changing it, but you might want to take the cat to a vet just to be sure.

• 1 decade ago

I have a 12 year old cat and have never seen that so I would suggest calling a vet. It is always better to be safe with the kitties :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's not the cat urine, it is the litter you are using, it isn't clumping correctly.

• 1 decade ago

Yes that is normal especially if your cat likes to pee in the same exact spot like mine.

• 1 decade ago

When cats aren't drinking sufficient water, their urine can change textures and become thicker. You should call your vet and get their opinion about it.

• 1 decade ago

hmm is it just the type of litter? i put baking soda in my boxes to keep the skink down and it gets like that....

• CYP450
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's the litter.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, it is okay. my cat does that exact same thing! it is because they pee in the same spot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.