Military (marines) recruiter truths and lies....?

I'm trying to seperate the truth from the lies that this marine recruiter keeps telling me. He's saying that if I do good on my asvab, qualify for a certain non combat job, sign the MOS contract for that not combat related job, get placed in that job, and do good in all the education and advanced training... show more I'm trying to seperate the truth from the lies that this marine recruiter keeps telling me. He's saying that if I do good on my asvab, qualify for a certain non combat job, sign the MOS contract for that not combat related job, get placed in that job, and do good in all the education and advanced training for that job, and keep everything else in good standing with the military, it is illegal for the military to transfer me to infantry if I don't want to go into infantry because they will be in breach of the contract. And I don't have to do occupation that I didn't originally sign up for if I keep everything else in good standing with the military. Is this true? All my friends say that after the advanced training, even if you are already in a specific job, that the military can take you out of your current occupation and place you in another occupation if they need to? What's fact and what's fiction? Are my friends confused or is the marine recruiter lieing to me?
11 answers 11