mojo19842001 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

baseball error card?

I have a topps 2003 draft pick brandon wood card. Instead of brandon wood name on the front of the card it has chad billingsley. Is this a rare error card and is it worth anything?

Favorite Answer

An error card is only worth more if it is rare; if Topps fixes the problem in the middle of the year.

There have been other error cards with the wrong person.

A Gary Pettis card from the 1980's had his younger brother on the picture. He must have been visiting spring training.

The 1969 Aurelio Rodgriguez card had the batboy instead of the actual player.

In 1969, catcher Larry Haney's card was simply the same picture from the year before but they reversed the negative and it made him look like a left-handed catcher.

Also in 1969 there was a mistake that is more rare because Topps made the change in the middle of the year. Donn Clendenon was traded before the season from the Pirates to the Astros. Topps simply did the "head shot" picture looking up at his face so you could not see the front of the hat. The card was originally released as him playing for the Astros. But Donn refused to report, never played for the Astros. He was later traded to the Montreal Expos. Topps changed the card by changing the team name to Expos. While not exceptionally valuable, it is more rare than other cards because the fix was done mid way through the season's release. I have both.

Yes that card is worth money because I had a card that said Pat Burrell Left Field but it was a picture of Scott Rolen. I asked someone that was very good with cards and they said that I could get money for it. I did end up selling the card fo 200 dollars.

• jh

Dang, too bad... if you had a Chad Billingsly card that said Brandon Wood THEN you would be in luck.

• I think it would be worth something. Check out Beckett's price guide, if it has the error card in it. i would sell it on Ebay, you could make a pretty penny.

It should be worth something.

yes it it worth money

• Who cares some idiot on ebay will probably buy it.