GBG asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys Β· 1 decade ago

Do you know anybody who listens to classical and jazz music?

Just a little survey.

• Ray
    Favorite Answer

Yes, me. Both. These are some of my jazz favorites (some are not strictly "jazz'" but could be classified as "standards" or "traditonal,"):

Jazz artists: Duke Ellington, Count Basie, most of the better known Big Bands of the 30s & 40s, Charlie Parker, Jimmy Smith, Wes Montgomery, Mose Allison, Dave Brubeck, Chet Baker, Roland Kirk (early stuff), Pete Fountain, Chuck Mangione (kind of "pop jazz"), Harry Connick Jr. (not strictly "jazz," though, as he cuts across several categories)

Male vocalists: Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Frankie Laine, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, Mel Torme

Female vocalists: Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Judy Garland, Andrews Sisters, Dinah Shore, Sarah Vaughan, Dinah Washington, Julie London, Peggy Lee, Jo Stafford

My favorite classical composers are Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi & Handel.

I listen to jazz I love jazz. My 1 year old son listens to classical, little einstein has classical music all the time.

I listen to both, more classical then Jazz. Never at the same time though. But I prefer rock.

Even though my favorite is still Classic Rock I do listen to a bit of both classical and jazz.

The right music for the right mood I always say.

Yes.. I listen to classical and jazz music alot.. my boyfriend, my bestfriend, and my brother listen to jazz music..

My grandparents used to always have a little radio in the kitchen and would play Classical music all day. Every time I hear it I think of them.

We listen to classical and know several people who are jazz afficionados. I don't get jazz, but I like the people who listen to it. They are typically bright and interesting.

• Teaim

I listen to lots and lots of jazz. because it's spontaneous and emotional.

I think that classical is boring and stiff. There is no interplay between the musicians. Maybe I just don't get it.

• P-Nut

I listen to classical, but not jazz...

I used to listen to classical music. =)