Having weird dreams can you tell me what they mean?

I am a 45 year old woman, and when I was younger I had these weird dreams. Back then (and even now), I sleep with a fan running. The dreams would start off where the fan would get louder, and then quieter, louder and then quieter, and that would go on for awhile. At this point, I would try to wake myself up, or... show more I am a 45 year old woman, and when I was younger I had these weird dreams. Back then (and even now), I sleep with a fan running. The dreams would start off where the fan would get louder, and then quieter, louder and then quieter, and that would go on for awhile. At this point, I would try to wake myself up, or even call out someone's name so they could wake me up, but it didn't seem like I could ever do it. During these dreams, I could see and hear everything around me, so it was like I wasn't even dreaming. I even saw my dad walk over, turn on a t.v and then wake me up, because I was sleeping on the couch and he wanted to sit down. One time I was having one of those dreams, and my sisters room was next to mine, and I wanted to be woken up. So I forced my hand, which took a lot, to hit against the wall. Well, anyway, they happened more at my parents house, but even when I moved out I would still have them sometimes. They stopped for awhile, but now I've been having them again.
Update: When I went to bed last night, I was having one of those dreams and this time two black arms/hands were reaching from behind my bed, trying to grab me. It always feels like something's trying to get me in these dreams. I try my hardest to move or to wake up, but sometimes I can't. And it just feels like... show more When I went to bed last night, I was having one of those dreams and this time two black arms/hands were reaching from behind my bed, trying to grab me. It always feels like something's trying to get me in these dreams. I try my hardest to move or to wake up, but sometimes I can't. And it just feels like they aren't even dreams because I am aware of everything around me. If someone could tell me what these dreams are, why I'm having them or what they mean, I'd really appreciate it.